The global standard for the application of Lean
ISO 18404 is the global standard for the application of Lean.
Its sets out the management system requirements that organisations need to follow to ensure a sustainable and successful approach and describes the competencies that individuals working in the field should be able to demonstrate.
The bar is set high and individuals and organisations that successfully certify against this standard can be confident that the certification has value.
ISO 18404 resources
Our Journey and track record with ISO 18404
- In 2016 our managing director was certified by the Royal Statistical Society to 18404 as a Lean Expert in order to personally understand the scheme
- In 2018 we project managed a CITB pilot that resulted in the first business certification to 18404 with a construction company in Cornwall.
- In 2019 our Lean Practitioner Course was approved by The Royal Statistical Society
- In 2019 we were approved as a satellite centre by the Royal Statistical Society to assess and certify individuals under the scheme
- In 2020 we helped the largest contractor in the UK, Balfour Beatty, achieve organisational certification for their Highways Division
- We are currently working with the Smart Motorway Alliance to assist them to achieve ISO 18404 as an organisation and provide training and certification to their key Lean personnel.